Originally a banker, Martin is now an experienced transformational change professional, offering expertise in sales, coaching, finance and risk management. Using strategic insight and his extensive network to understand markets, he enables customers to translate opportunities into tangible new business producing superior profitability growth even in low growth markets.
After a long career with the Nat West/RBS banking group he now has a number of Chairmanships of fast-growing companies in the energy, data, hotel, salesforce and manufacturing automation sectors.
He has lectured on board governance at several UK universities and also for private organisations in London, Leeds, Malta, Manchester, Tehran and Toronto!
Having had experiences across many types of sectors and organisations, he sees governance as a key foundation to a healthy sustainable entity. He has been involved in Boards in several sectors.
- In the Private Sector eg. PFF/Arvensis a food packaging business, Sellers Global Engineers a carpet machinery manufacturer, Chameleon Technology UK Limited an in-home energy display manufacturer (Chairman), NTR Ltd a cutting tool reclamation business (Chairman) and a graphic design house called Thompson Brand (Chairman).
- at Universities – sat on the Court of the University of Leeds, the Board of Leeds Beckett University and is Entrepreneur in Residence at the University of Bradford.
- In National Governing Sporting Bodies – he chaired the British Bobsleigh & Skeleton Association turning it around
- In Charities – chaired the Leeds Community Foundation
- In Franchising – he help set up and Chaired the Board of The Alternative Board in the UK before successfully exiting
- In Financial Services/Venture Capital – was a board member of the Institute of Financial Services and an Advisory Board Committee member of the London Regional Venture Capital Fund.
During his banking career he held senior roles as Executive Head of International Banking Services and Regional Managing Director of the Greater London Super-Region having previously been Regional Commercial Director in many parts of the North of England.
He was Head of debt advisory for PwC in the North and also is co-owner of Rosedale Advisory Limited a corporate finance boutique who also invests in growing companies.
Martin is a graduate of the Victoria University of Manchester, he has an MBA from the University of Bradford Management Centre. He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers and a Qualified Franchise Professional (QFP).
Socially he enjoys skiing and golf and collects vintage Olympic posters.